Wednesday, August 15, 2007

What a Summer!

I hope most have you have had a more relaxing summer than we have. Since school ended all or a few in our family has been to Gundy, Virginia, two weeks of camp, Kansas City, Oklahoma, Mexico,
King's Island, Cedar Point, Indiana, Washington, DC, and New York City. Okay, I only actually did four of those trips and Ron did the rest. He finally will be home for good on Friday. And now you know why we homeschool. The kids are ready to see their daddy!

We also went through three cases of the worst stomach flu ever and my 93-year-old grandmother went home to be with Jesus. We'll miss her a lot but she was ready to go. It's sad how we wait until a funeral to have family reunions. All six of us cousins had not been together in 20 years. Isn't that pathetic? Mamaw would have loved us all being together with the kids running wild and dogs all over the place.

I'm don't have any recipes today because around here we've been eating a lot of hot dogs, frozen pizza, and fish sticks. If you look down in the comments though, Chris McDaneld gave a recipe for taco soup and anything Chris makes is incredible! Also, my friend, Jill, and I are in search of either a recipe or where I can buy the shrimp sauce they serve in Japanese restaurants. If any of you know how to make it or where to buy it, please post it on the comments.

If any of you would like to request a recipe let me know and I'll post it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meriam,

I think you need to take yourself out to dinner alone or with a friend and i mean a friend that shares the same anatomy you do. :)

thesis writing service said...

Thank you very much for the articles you write, read all that important to me/ realy, thank you